The Patricia Grodd Poetry Prize for Young Writers recognizes outstanding young poets who are in high (or secondary) school. So if you would like your work to be considered for this prestigious award, send in your work. This prize might be the springboard you ‘ve been hoping will launch your career.
You probably want to know more about this Kenyon Review-sponsored writing prize, so here it goes.
The contest is named in honor of Patricia Grodd in recognition of her generous support of the Kenyon Review and its programs, as well as her passionate commitment to education and deep love for poetry.
The award-winning writer, Ruth Awad will be the final judge of the 2023 contest.
Submission begins on November 1, 2022 and closes on December 1, 2022.
Eligibility Guidelines for The Patricia Grodd Poetry Prize for Young Writers 2023.
- It is open to only high school sophomores and juniors throughout the world.
- The contest winner receives a full scholarship to the Kenyon Review Young Writers workshop. And we all know that every young writer needs a writing workshop.
- The winning poem and the poems of the two runners-up will be published in the Kenyon Review, one of the country’s most widely read literary magazines.
- No entry fee is required.
Submission Guidelines For The Patricia Grodd Poetry Prize for Young Writers 2023.
- Entries must not have been published on a any platform prior to submission.
- One poem per entrant.
- Only Poetry is allowed. No genres of prose fiction please.
- Simultaneous submissions are unacceptable. Do not submit your poem for another contest or entry to another magazine or contest while this competition is on going.
- You must be a high school sophomore or junior or secondary school student to enter.
- Ensure that you submit a thoroughly edited poem.
- Make sure your file is in ONE of the following formats:
- .PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
- .DOC or .DOCX (Microsoft Word)
- .RTF (Rich Text Format)
- .TXT (Microsoft Wordpad and Notepad, Apple TextEdit)
- Want to get tips from remarkable poets? You might learn a lot from the 10 brilliant poets who generously contributed their ideas in this resource.
- Submit your poem via the Kenyon Review-managed Patricia Grodd Poetry Prize for Young Writers submittable page.
Deadline for submissions is December 1, 2022.
Good luck to you as you try to earn money and prestige from writing poetry.
Click Here to find other contests.
Pingback: The Shallow Tales Review Literary Magazine: Calls For Submission - Creative Writing News