The Patricia Grodd Poetry Prize for Young Writers recognizes outstanding young poets. The contest is named in honor of Patricia Grodd in recognition of her generous support of the Kenyon Review and its programs, as well as her passionate commitment to education and deep love for poetry.
Submission begins on the 1st of November and closes on 30th of November, 2020.
Eligibility for The Patricia Grodd Poetry Prize for Young Writers.
- It is open to only high school sophomores and juniors throughout the world.
- The contest winner receives a full scholarship to the Kenyon Review Young Writers workshop. And we all know that every young writer needs a writing workshop.
- The winning poem and the poems of the two runners-up will be published in the Kenyon Review, one of the country’s most widely read literary magazines.
- No fee for entry.
How To Submit To The Patricia Grodd Poetry Prize for Young Writers
- Entries must not have been published on a any platform prior to submission.
- One poem per entrant.
- Any genre of fiction other than Poetry is not allowed.
- Simultaneous submissions are unacceptable. Do not submit your poem for another contest or entry to another magazine or contest while this competition is on going.
- You must be a high school sophomore or junior to enter
- Make sure your file is in ONE of the following formats:
- .PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
- .DOC or .DOCX (Microsoft Word)
- .RTF (Rich Text Format)
- .TXT (Microsoft Wordpad and Notepad, Apple TextEdit)
- Want to get tips from remarkable poets? 10 brilliant poets share excellent advice for budding and professional poets in this blog article.
- Submit your poem between November 1 and November 30, 2020 by pressing the “Submit Here” button and uploading your file
Click Here to Apply to other contests.