The Shallow Tales Review is an African literary magazine that publishes content from African writers from across the continent. They also publish African literature from non-Africans in the Disapora.
For their 2020 Isssue, ISSUE 29 | SEPTEMBER 2020 EDITION, they have started accepting entries . The deadline is September 20th, 2020.
The Shallow Tales Review accepts fiction, articles, reviews, poems, one-act plays, essays, art photographs, and thoughts that touch on the sensibilities of the African.
Eligibility for The Shallow Tales Review Literary Magazine
- Entrants must be African.
- No Age limit has been set
- Entry is free
- All aspects of Art, ranging from writing to photography, is acceptable.
- Entry is onging
- Literary criticisms must concern texts that are of modern and African temperament. For essays, they expect themes to be tackled logically and as clearly as possible. Feel free to break genre restrictions as you wish. Theyappreciate fluidity as much as they value ingenuity.
- Do not send in your first drafts. Do well to edit before submitting.
- No genre restrictions
- For now, theydo not pay contributors, but they hope to do so in the nearest future.
- Entries should be sent in by mail to the editor at: [email protected] with “TSTR Submissions” in the subject line.
- Non artwork entries should be between 1,500 – 4,000 words and should come in .doc or .docx format.
- Poetry submissions should not be more than forty (40) lines, per poem. We accept a maximum of three poetry entries at a time.
- Files shouldbe saved with the title of the work, and in the case of a body of poems, with the first poem in the file.
For more details on submissions, Click HERE
Click Here to see more contests you may wish to apply for.
Pingback: Tom-Gallon Trust Award/ How To Apply (Prize: £1000) - Creative Writing News