My Writing Journey Competition is organized by The Writer’s College. The Writer’s College was Established in 2005.
My Writing Journey is its first organized competition.
The Writer’s College is an online writing school with three country-specific branches offering over 35 specialist online writing courses taught by multi-award-winning authors, journalists, scriptwriters, poets and copywriters.
The school offers pretty much every course a creative will be interested in; from journalism to creative writing courses to writing for the web. Its courses are designed to help you get any creative writing job in demand.
For over 14 years their courses have offered one-to-one tuition at an affordable cost. They have trained thousands of satisfied students worldwide.
They have organized this free writing competition for writers all over the world. The deadline for submission is 30 October, 2020.
Who is Eligible To Apply For The My Writing Journey Competition
- Anyone is eligible.
- No restriction has been set on age.
- Entry is free.
Submission Guidelines for My Writing Journey Competition
- Write and submit a 600-word piece on the theme: The best writing tip I’ve ever received. Looking for writing advice , poetry writing advice and story writing tips? We’ve got some from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Simbiat Haroun, Michael Ekunno,, Pamelyn Casto,and Six Brilliant Prose Writers might help.
- Make sure to edit your work. Do not send your first draft.
- Only e-mail submissions are accepted. Please copy and paste your piece into the body of the email. We do not accept attachments.
- Mark your entry clearly with the subject line: My Writing Journey Competition.
- Each story must have a unique title. Do not use the theme as your title
- Use a font such as Arial or Times New Roman, size 12 or more. Use 1.5 or double spacing between lines. They prefer a clear break (i.e. open line) between paragraphs, rather than indenting.
- Simultaneous submissions are not acceptable
- The organizers of the contest would publish the best piece in their newsletter and on their blog .
- Send your story to [email protected]
- The winner receives $200 (R2 000 or £100).
- The deadline is 30 September 2020