Chestnut Review is currently accepting submissions from artists and writers with a pay of $120 for each accepted piece.
Chestnut Review is a literary magazine with a mission to provide a literary home to stubborn artists and writers. They consider submissions in poetry, flash fiction, prose, visual art/photography and mixed-genre/mixed-media. They have a response time of thirty days and are available to provide feedback on submissions for a small fee. Chestnut Review Submissions are free for all categories except prose.
Chestnut Review has an ongoing Poetry Chapbook contest.
Eligibility guidelines for Chestnut Review Submissions
- Writers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Submissions must be made in English Language. They welcome works that engage culture through languages other than English if the majority of the piece is in English.
- Work must be unpublished and not have appeared in any publicly-accessible form previously, including online.
- Works that have been previously rejected are ineligible for submission.
- Individuals who had their works appear in their magazine are not eligible to submit for up to two years.
- Previous staffs of Chestnut Review are ineligible to submit for Chestnut Review Magazine.
How to Submit to Chestnut Review
Works may only be submitted through their submittable. There is no deadline for submission.
Chestnut Review Submission Guidelines for Poetry
- Free submissions allow only three poems. You can submit more for a fee.
- Length and format are open. Poems should be single-spaced and all in one document. Begin each poem on a new page, and indicate when a poem extends beyond one page. There are no absolute length limits.
- Their print/online page width is about 55 characters, poem lines longer than this will need to be reformatted.
Chestnut Review Submission Guidelines for Prose
- There is an entry fee of $5.
- Submit only one piece between 1000 and 5000 words. Prose submissions can be works of fiction or nonfiction. They do not accept excerpts of longer works.
Chestnut Review Submission Guidelines for Flash Fiction
- Submit only one piece of up to 1000 words. Include word count(s) in the header.
- Writers may only have one active submission in this category at a time.
Chestnut Review Submission Guidelines for Visual Art/Photography
- Submit up to twenty images, which must be of publishable quality.
- Artists are encouraged to submit more than one work but only if they are from different art groups and after receiving a response.
Payment for accepted Chestnut Review Submissions
Chestnut Review pays $120 for each accepted submission.