The University of Iowa Press is currently seeking seeking submissions for the Iowa Short Fiction Award and John Simmons Short Fiction Award. The want full-length short story collections manuscripts. The winning manuscript will be published by the University of Iowa Press.
The deadline for submissions is September 30, 2020.
Who is Eligible to Submit to the Iowa Short Fiction Award & John Simmons Short Fiction Award:
- Writers who have not published a full-length work of fiction.
- Students currently studying at the University of Iowa are not eligible.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit a full-length manuscript of short stories. This means a collection of short stories that is at least 150 word-processed, double-spaced pages long.
- The collection must be in English.
- Stories previously published in literary magazines can be included. However, the manuscript as a whole must be previously unpublished.
- A cover page, content page, and the name of the author may be included on the manuscript.
- Submit by mail to:
Iowa Short Fiction Award
Iowa Writers’ Workshop
507 North Clinton Street
102 Dey House
Iowa City IA 52242-1000
- The deadline for submissions is September 30, 2020.
To Better Your Submission:
Check out these reviews and recommended stories here and here, and these tips from TJ Benson on how to write good short stories.
- The winning manuscript will be published by the University of Iowa Press.