The ServiceScape Short Story Award is now open to all short story writers. Submit your work to them for free and possibly earn $1000 USD if you win the award.
- $1000 cash award
- Publication on the ServiceScape blog.
How To Apply
- Any genre or theme of short story is accepted.
- All applicants should submit their original unpublished work of short fiction or nonfiction.
- Word count: 5,000 words or fewer.
- Deadline: Submissions closes November 30, 2018.
Terms and Conditions
• In order to qualify as a contest participant, a person must successfully submit the application form below and must be at least 18 years of age. ServiceScape is not responsible for any situation that constitutes an application form submission failure, including technical malfunctions experienced by the form submitter or by ServiceScape. ServiceScape employees and/or their immediate family and household members are not eligible to be contest participants. There is no purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
• Contest participants will be entered only once.
• Contest participants’ application form submissions must be written in English.
• Contest participants will be judged on their quality of writing. All decisions are final. Non-winning entries will be discarded after the winner has been chosen and the contest participants will retain all the rights to their submitted work.
• The potential winner will be notified via email in December 2018. The potential winner must send a head-shot photograph within 10 days of the prize notification.
The potential winner must also sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and a publicity release (where legal) within 10 days of the prize notification.
If the potential winner does not deliver these required items within the specified time period or if the potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected. If all required items are delivered within 10 days of the prize notification, the potential winner will be considered the winner of the contest.
• The winner of the contest will be awarded $1,000.00 USD, payable by check and mailed within 4 weeks. The prize is non-transferable and any tax requirements are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner’s name, headshot photograph, and writing will be featured within the ServiceScape blog soon thereafter.
• ServiceScape Incorporated reserves the right to modify or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
To access the application form, visit. https://www.servicescape.com/short-story-award