The Drue Heinz Literature Prize, from the University of Pittsburgh Press, is open for submissions until June 30, 2020. The prize is awarded to a manuscript of short stories, or novella and short stories, of between 150 and 300 pages by a writer who has published a novel or a book-length collection of fiction with a reputable book publisher, or who has published not below three short stories or novellas in literary magazines or journals of national distribution. The Drue Heinz Literature Prize comes with a cash prize of $15,000 to the winner and the winning manuscript will be published by the University of Pittsburgh Press.
- Writers who have published a novel or book-length work of fiction with a reputable publisher, or who have had no less than three stories in literary magazines or journals of national distribution.
- The writers could be from anywhere in the world, as long as they write in English.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit an unpublished manuscript of short stories, or/ and two or more novellas.
- The manuscript must not be less than 150 pages long and must not exceed 300 pages.
- Some of the stories in the manuscript could have appeared in journals or anthologies.
- A writer can submit two manuscripts.
- The manuscript can be submitted simultaneously, as long as the University of Pittsburgh Press is informed if the manuscript is selected elsewhere.
- Translations that are not done by the author are not eligible.
- The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2020.
- Submit online here. Or by mail to this address:
Drue Heinz Literature Prize
University of Pittsburgh Press
7500 Thomas Blvd., 4th floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- The winner receives $15,000.
- The winning manuscript will be published by the University of Pittsburgh Press.