Writers often struggle to find a medium to share their work. Most often seek traditional publishers, but there are more ways to get your work out there. Literary Journals, Magazines and even News sites are often open for contributors and it could be a good start for you to get published, and paid at the same time.
Old Pal Magazine is one of those creative publications that seek contributors. It has opened its submission window and looks forward to applications from writers across the world. This is an opportunity to showcase your work and get paid at the same time!
Eligibility for Old Pal Magazine
- Old pal encourages artists from all experience levels and communities to submit.
- There is no restriction to age
- Application is free. No payment required.
- They publish poetry, fiction, critical non-fiction, excerpts, audio, mixed-media, and various mediums of art.
- It is required that submissions are limited to 15 pages of written work or 6 pieces of other media.
- Make sure you submit your best work. Edit, seek reviews or call on beta readers. Do not submit your first draft.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but they beseech that you notify them to withdraw works if accepted elsewhere.
- They do not accept previously published work; however, works previously posted to social media will still be considered.
- All rights revert to authors and artists upon publication. They do request first publication acknowledgement if works are published elsewhere in the future.
- They also ask permission to post brief excerpts to social media for promotion.
- Old Pal is open for submissions until November 15th, 2022!
- Send your submission to [email protected]
- Please use a .docx file type for writing, and high resolution images if you’re submitting visual art.
- Contributors are compensated $50 upon publication.
- Applicants have rights to their work.
Interested in more opportunities? Check out open submissions and make sure to apply. You can also apply for writing workshops to grow yourself. Good Luck!