Sigma tertiary essay competition calls for submissions. Are you a writer? Take advantage now.
This is the second in a series of competitions- intended to be annual- open to all students across all categories of Nigerian tertiary institutions.
It is an extension of her charity and also a means of addressing the issues trending in the society, giving students the opportunity to air their views. Sigma Undergraduate Essay Competition is the speaker through which young people amplify topical matters affecting them as Nigerian youths, in order to aggregate diverse perspectives for the purpose of building the nation.
It is our vision to make this an annually consistent exercise, which proffers practicable solutions and adequately rewards academic ingenuity through attractive prizes.
‘NATIONAL ECONOMIC RECESSION AND INSECURITY: SAVING EDUCATION TO SAVE
● 1 ST PRIZE: 100,000
● 2 ND PRIZE: 70,000
● 3 RD PRIZE: 30,000
DEADLINE: MARCH 10TH, 2017, 11:50pm (local time)
● The essay must be original, empirical and meet the standards for publication in local and international journals.
● All entries should be typed in 1.5 spacing and must not be more than 7 pages of A4 paper or 2,500 words.
● Font type must be Times New Roman with 12 points font size
● Sources must be properly cited; footnotes should be used and a table of reference must appear at the end of the essay.
● Plagiarism in all forms is prohibited as indicted entries will be absolutely disqualified.
● Interested persons must be UNDERGRADUATES of NUC approved Nigerian
Universities and Polytechnics.
● Only one entry is allowed per participant.
● Entries should be sent to [email protected], alongside
participant’s personal data (Full name, Age, Name of Institution, E-mail Address and
current Phone Number); a scanned copy of a recent passport size photograph and
evidence of studentship (a scanned copy of Admission letter or official School
● Entries sent later than 11:50pm (local time) on 15th July 2016 shall be disregarded.
● Only winners will be contacted and that shall be done after the judging process –
first week in September 2016.
ENQUIRY LINES: 08026256554, 0832026953, 07054979080
ABOUT SIGMA CLUB
Sigma Club is a socio-philanthropic organisation established in 1950 at the University of
Ibadan (then University College, Ibadan) to help develop the leadership, managerial and
communication skills of her members (male undergraduates of the University of Ibadan)
with the bigger aim of producing whole men equipped with the capacity to engineer their
immediate society and the world.
For almost seven decades, Sigma Club remains an unmatched platform for networking and
capacity development for young Nigerians; while also breeding a unique class of whole men
– too numerous to mention – to expedite nation building.
The decisions reached by the panel of Judges – proven to be highly competent and impartial
– are incontestable. Participants also release to the Sigma Tertiary Essay Competition
Committee, the right to their entries especially as it concerns publishing and publicity. By
electing to participate in the competition, all participants agree to be bound by the