Amazing Young Writers Challenge is open to writers aged 22 or younger to submit creative writing in any form, including stories, poetry, non-fiction, memoir, anecdotes, comic strips, scripts, artwork and more.
According to the host, Christopher Fielden, the Amazing Young Writers Challenge was launched when he was contacted by Mahvish Noman, an arts teacher at a school where 95% of the students are underprivileged children. He was asked if he would publish some poetry written by their students. After a bit of back and forth by email about the best way to do this, he decided to launch this challenge.
The aims of the Challenge, specified by Christopher, include:
- Experience & Encouragement
The primary aim of the challenge is to give young writers the opportunity to see their writing published and read by a global audience. He hopes this will offer every young author that submits valuable experience and encouragement to keep writing and being creative throughout their lives.
The 100 word limit is educational. Having so few words to play with makes a writer consider every word they use carefully, meaning they learn the art of editing. Once learned, this skill can be applied to longer works, making them more engaging to read.
- Celebrating Diversity
Anyone living in any country can submit to this challenge. He hopes that means we are able to celebrate a diverse variety of voices from around the world via the challenge.
Submissions Guidelines for the Amazing Young Writers Challenge
- Only 100 words maximum is accepted.
- Any type of creative writing is accepted, including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, comics and all other forms of written work
- This challenge is for writers up to (and including) 25 years of age, living anywhere in the world
- Only 1 entry per writer
- Ensure there is no offensive words, partucularly profanity please
- By submitting, you accept the terms and conditions
- Submit your story by email to [email protected] or use the comment form at the bottom of this page
- Please be sure to include:
- your name (full name or first name or penname is fine)
- your age
- the country you live in
- the name of your school or the educational establishment you currently attend (this will not be made public – it’s to check you are a student)
- your piece of writing (please include a title)
- Submissions are welcome from teachers, parents, guardians or the writers themselves.
- If you are submitting on behalf of your children / students, please let Chris know when you submit.
- Any type of writing is accepted – there is absolutely no limitation, so please let your imagination run wild!
- Every writer published via this writing challenge will receive a Certificate of Publication in jpeg format.
- Your creative writing will be published on the website.
The challenge is open indefinitely, as stated by the host on the website.