The Sunlight Press is a calling for writers of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, reviews. They also welcome photography and reflections of artists on their crafts.
According to their site:
“We want to hear the ways people turn toward light and hope, whether it is through the arts, culture, spirituality, or humor, and also how they respond to the darkness and navigate unknown spaces. Epiphanies are born from the ordinary and the extraordinary; whether it’s a reflection unfolding during a morning walk, after the loss of a loved one, or in the middle of unexpected laughter, we want to know about these moments.”
Who is Eligible:
Anyone, anywhere in the world. All you need to do is be true to your writing and tell a great story.
– Send your submissions via mail to [email protected] along with a 3-4 sentence bio, a standard headshot (JPEG), social media handles (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), as well as a current email address and contact information.
– Submissions may be in the text of the email or in an attached Word document (docx., doc.) or multiple photographs in one submission, clearly stating the genre you are submitting.
– For personal essays, word count should be between 750-1,000 words.
– For fiction (Includes flash-fiction pieces, short stories); under 1,000 words for flash fiction; under 2,000 words for short stories
– For poetry, submit up to five poems in one submission
– For reviews (reviews of books, short story collections, essay collections, art, television, movies), word count should be between 750-1,000 words.
– For their special “Artists on Craft Series” (Interviews/Reflections by artists on their process of the art of choice; accompanying photos welcome), word count should be under 1,000 words.
– For photography, multiple photos are allowed.
– Writers would be informed if their submissions are accepted within 6-8 weeks.
– Accepted submissions would be published within 6 months of acceptance.
Selected contributors would be paid $25 per submission.