Submissions are currently being accepted for the ‘Wow Us’ Flash Fiction Contest. This competition is unique for many reasons. First, the organizers haven’t fixed a theme, so writers are free to write on any theme of their choice. Secondly, you don’t need an entry fee to apply.
If you have been looking for a good opportunity to make money from your writing, this is a good one.
- Word count: 300 words (or less). The 300 word count doesn’t include the title.
- Deadline for submissions: September 15, 2018, midnight in Dublin, Ireland.
- Only original and unpublished works will be accepted
- Only prose fiction will be accepted. Do not send poetry or non-fiction.
- One entry per author.
- Paste your story in the body of the email and also as a .doc attachment
- All submissions must be sent via email to: [email protected]
- Don’t forget to include the word “CONTEST” in the subject line of your email
What Prizes Will The Winners Receive?
- First Prize: €50 (or equivalent amount in your currency)
- Second Prize: €25
- Third Prize: €15
- Publication of winning entries (and shortlisted stories) on the Brilliant flash fiction website in September 2018.
This flash fiction contest will be judged by staff of the Brilliant Flash Fiction literary journal.
If you’re battling writers’ block and can’t think of story ideas, read our list of 10 inspirational podcasts for writers, storytellers and film makers. I’m certain you’ll benefit from them.
Feel free to learn from these creative writing tips.