Faith and Leadership is an online, biweekly learning resource for Christian leaders. They publish thought-provoking content for pastors, professors, denominational leaders, lay leaders and leaders of nonprofits.
They are always on the lookout for new writers and new stories. Most of their content is Christian. However, they are open to stories about creative and innovative leadership in other spheres that their audience of Christian leaders can learn from.
Submission Guidelines For Faith and Leadership
- For their journalism features, they are looking for stories of vibrant ministries, churches o inr nonprofits that are rooted in tradition but adapting and innovating in new and engaging ways.
- Examples of such journalism features include topics like; “Dementia ministry in Georgia serves as a model for churches to care for the caregivers” or “Sharing a building leads to a shared mission for an AME church and a Latino congregation.”
- The word count for their feature articles are typically 1,500-2,000 words.
- For essays, they want thoughtful narrative essays on topics relevant to Christian leaders.
- Examples of such essays include; “Kara K. Root: The 20-second gift of washing your hands” or “Arionne Yvette Williams: It’s not the church’s job to decide who belongs.”
- The word count for their essays are typically 800-1,000 words.
- You can also pitch them a fascinating leader that you will interview, then transcribe and edit the conversation.
- Their Q&As are typically 1,000 – 1,500 words.
- They do not publish sponsored content or republish material from other publications.
- They are not a blog. They do not publish book reviews or poetry. Only rarely do they accept sermons or stories set outside the United States.
- Please note that they publish stories about all denominations. And, as mentioned above, not all stories have to focus on a Christian topic or group.
- If you want to work with them, please read their content and take a look at their topics pages before pitching an idea. The examples posted above are representative of what they publish.
- Send a detailed pitch (1-2 paragraphs that get to the heart of your story, essay or Q&A) to [email protected]. They will do their best to respond within four weeks.
- They allow simultaneous submissions, but they prefer that you pitch to them exclusively. However, they understand that writers sometimes submit to multiple publications at once. If that is the case, please let them know upfront that you have submitted the work to other places.
- There are no entry fees.
- Submissions are also open to everyone irrespective of race, gender, age, etc.
How Much Does Faith And Leadership Pay Contributors?
They pay $300 for essays and typically $1,500 for feature articles.