Upstreet magazine is currently open for submissions. Writers are invited to submit well-written stories and queries for poetry. If your work is accepted for publication in Upstreet literary magazine, you can earn up to $250.
This call for submissions presents a great opportunity for writers who want to earn money from creative writing. Ready to send in your upstreet submissions? Great! But first, let’s tell you all you need to know about Upstreet literary magazine.
A Brief Description Of Upstreet Magazine.
Upstreet magazine is an award-winning annual literary anthology based in Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. The literary magazine was founded in 2005 by Vivian Dorsel, and has since published over fifteen issues which have included interviews with such writers as Lydia Davis, Andre Dubus III, and Dani Shapiro. This award-winning literary anthology is in print format, and features works of fiction, creative nonfiction and poetry.
For its sixteenth issue, upstreet magazine is accepting submissions until the 1st of March, 2021. The editors of upstreet literary magazine respond to submissions after 3 to 6 months of submission.
Who is Eligible to Submit To Upstreet Annual Anthology:
- Any writer from anywhere in the world.
- No submission fee is required by upstreet.
- Writers who adheres to the guidelines on the upstreet submissions manager page.
How to Submit To Upstreet Literary Magazine:
- Submit a short story or a creative non-fiction piece of no more than 5000 words.
- You can send a poem, but you’ll have to send a query via email first. Upstreet magazine does not accept unsolicited poetry submissions. Email your queries for poetry submissions to [email protected]
- Manuscript formatting guidelines: 12pt. font, double-space, Times New Romans.
- You can only submit twice during each reading period.
- Notify the editors, if you’re sending a simultaneous submission.
- Email submissions will not be considered. To submit your entries, fill the form and upload your work in the upstreet submissions manager.
- The deadline for submissions for issue 16 is 1 March, 2021.
How Much Will You Be Paid For Accepted Stories?
- The magazine pays between $50 and $250 per piece.
- You also get a contributor’s (print) copy.
Tips to improve your chances of getting your work accepted for publication in Upstreet mag:
- Don’t send political stories or stories that have political undertones. The editors loathe political stories.
- Take a free creative non-fiction course with Mary Karr and/or Roxanne Gay.
- Get writing tips from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Write unique stories with surprising storylines.
- Eloquent writing always wins.
- Unsure about how to write a story? Try reading some well-written stories.
You can also check out Publishers Weekly Calls for Book Reviewers/ How to Apply (Payment: A modest honorarium).
Pingback: Boston Review Contests 2020/ How to Apply (Payment: $1000 + more) - Creative Writing News