upstreet is an award-winning annual literary anthology based in Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. The magazine was founded in 2005 by Vivian Dorsel, and has since published fourteen issues which have included interviews with such writers as Lydia Davis and Dani Shapiro. For its fifteenth issue, upstreet is accepting submissions until the 1st of March, 2020.
Who is Eligible to Submit:
- Anyone from anywhere in the world.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit a short story or an essay of no more than 5000 words.
- The magazine does not accept unsolicited poetry submissions.
- Format: 12pt. font, double-space, Times New Romans.
- You can only submit twice during each reading period.
- Submit here.
- The deadline for submissions for issue 15 is 1 March, 2020.
- The magazine pays between $50 and $250 per piece.
- Plus, a contributor copy.
You can also check out Publishers Weekly Calls for Book Reviewers/ How to Apply (Payment: A modest honorarium).