Register for the First SBMEN Workshop for Editors and Writers in 2020.
The Society for Books and Magazine Editors of Nigeria (SBMEN) has called for application for its first workshop in 2020. The workshop is themed: Editing 101: Developing an Editor’s Mindset. During the workshop different aspects of editing will be explored—from what the role of the editor is in the publishing business, understanding how editing works, to tools and standards needed by anyone to succeed as an editor. According to the Society, “This February workshop will begin to explore the new direction that she (SBMEN) is exploring.”
The workshop will hold from 22 to 23 February, 2020.
Who Should Participate:
- Budding and aspiring editors who want to build a career in editing.
- Professional editors who want a “refresher course”.
What You Will Gain from Participating:
- You get to learn what the role of an editor is in the publishing business.
- You get an understanding of the editorial process.
- You get to know tools and standards you need to be a successful editor, and you get to practice.
- You get to learn from professional editors.
- Femke Van Zeijl, journalist, contributor, New York Times & Al Jeezera;
- Enajite Efemuaye, Managing Editor, Kachifo Limited/co-founder, SBMEN;
- Ngozi Osu, Editor and Literary Consultant/Founder, MCJ Media; and,
- Anwuli Ojogwu, ED/co-founder, SBMEN.
How to Apply:
- Interested editors and writers should send an email to email@example.com or send a WhatsApp message to 08120055823, requesting more information on how to enroll for the training.
You can also check out this article on why you should hire a professional editor.