EPOCH magazine is seeking submission of fiction, poetry, essays, cartoons, screenplays, graphic art, and graphic fiction. However, they do not publish literary criticism or book reviews.
EPOCH magazine is edited by faculty in the Department of English Program in Creative Writing at Cornell University. It appears three times per year: in September, January, and May.
Eligibility for EPOCH Magazine Submission
- Writers from anywhere in the world
- No age restriction
- No entry fee
Submission Deadline for Epoch Magazine Submissions.
April 25, 2021
Guidelines for EPOCH Magazine Submission
- Work should be original and unpublished
- Submission is by mail only
251 Goldwin Smith Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-3201
- All submissions should include a SASE. Submissions without SASE are recycled without notification to the author.
- Submissions should be addressed to the appropriate editor: e.g., Fiction Editor, Poetry Editor, Essay Editor.
- Screenplays, cartoons, graphic art, and graphic fiction should be so labeled on the envelope.
- Poets can submit no more than five poems in one envelope. Please ensure that your poems are edited.
- Writers can submit no more than one novella-length story per envelope and no more than three short stories per envelope
- Multiple submission is accepted but each should be in a different envelopes
- Submissions of graphic art, graphic fiction, and cartoons should be as .pdf on disk
- Please retain copies of this kind of work.
- Include your street address, e-mail address, and phone number on your submission
- We normally respond in six to ten weeks, but you can query if you get no response after 3 months
- No electronic or simultaneous submission
- $50 per poem
- $150 per story
But this is subject to change with funding.
Contacts for EPOCH Magazine Submission
- MANAGING EDITOR
Heidi E. Marschner
- POETRY EDITOR
Nancy Vieira Couto
- SENIOR EDITOR