- A chance to bring your superhero to life
- An opportunity to work with a comic artist
- a book deal from Comics Uniting Nations
If you’d like to publish your own comic for the world to enjoy, then send in your manuscript for consideration.
- Entrants must not be older than 25 years. Writers between the ages of 2 – 25 are free to apply.
- Writers must have a unique, interesting and engaging superhero.
- You need not have great writing abilities (although good writing skills will be an dded advantage). All you need is an original story idea and a superhero that solves problems around schools.
How To Apply:
- Send all applications via the online submission platform
- Fill the application form on the UNICEF contest page
- If you are having difficulty submitting your entry using the form below, you can send it directly to [email protected].
- Only entries that address all fields in the form will be considered by email
- The subject line must say ’Entry: Comic Contest‘.
- You can withdraw your entry to the School Superhero Comic Contest by sending a written notice to [email protected].
- All submissions must be sent in before the 25th of October 2018 at 23:59 (EST).
If you are selected as a finalist, they will reach out to you early November 2018.
The selected finalists will be published on the UNICEF website between November 16 – 25, 2018. You can participate in the global voting within the above mentioned period.
Forward all inquiries to: [email protected]
Advice From The Organizers Of This Contest
Remember, if you feel unsafe, upset, or worried about yourself or a friend during or after you work on your submission, speak to someone you trust – this could be a parent, teacher, close friend, older sibling, or call a child helpline. You are not alone – do not keep your fears, concerns or questions to yourself. We know it can be difficult to tell another person about what is happening, but you have a right to be safe. If it’s difficult to talk about, try writing your experiences down and giving it to someone you trust to read or by sending/ posting/ dropping it anonymously somewhere a responsible/ trusted adult can see.
Application Rules and Guidelines
- Your entry must include your superhero’s name, their special superpower to keep schools safe, one of their school-saving adventures (a simple storyline of maximum 1600 characters).
- Don’t forget to attach a drawing or sketch of what they look like. You can do this through the UNICEF online form.
- Do not submit more than one application.
- Submission which do not include attached graphics will not be considered. Simple sketch your superhero.
- Submitted comics must be the original work of the entrant. This includes graphic representation, story line and concept..
- All young writers up to 25 years old, from all over the word, are eligible. Be prepared to send a proof of age.
- Writers under the age of 18 must discuss their interest in participating with their parents or guardians before applying. In the application, these youngsters will be requested to provide the contact details of their parent or guardians. Only applicants below the age of 18, whose parents/guardians have given consent, will be considered as potential finalists.
Good luck to interested applicants