UNICEF is the kind of non-profit organization every writer aspires to work with. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work from home as a writer or editor, then you should consider applying fro this job opening.
Employees of UNICEF carry out their operations in most of the world’s toughest towns and villages. Their job is to save the lives of the world’s most deprived children and to defend their rights.
What ADAP Is About:
This job opening has been made by the ADAP team. The Adolescent Development and Participation (ADAP) team in UNICEF needs a creative writer who is experienced in content creation. This writer will be expected to create engaging and compelling content for the visitors who visit their website. The web content is expected to highlight the different aspects of its projects and to inspire public support, involvement and action.
- ADAP is interested in hiring a well-qualified editorial consultant to produce, edit and improve its web content.
- Employees will be charged with the duty of handling all aspects of editorial work and page production. This duty includes working with the Drupal Content Management System (CMS)
- All editing and copy-editing of content will be done with the collaboration of the ADAP team.
- The editorial consultant will be in charge of editing texts for and from the ADAP team, and organizing it for use in the new Drupal platform.
- The lack of staff expertise makes it impossible for this key function to be executed internally.
Things To Note Before you Apply:
Work on the ADAP website will consist of:
- Handling every facet of writing, editing and copy-editing digital content
- Producing compelling, SEO-friendly content, for webpages built by ADAP
- Administer video, photo and editorial content to be included on the website
- The editorial consultant may be required to work weekends and holidays, as required.
Location: This is a remote position, so the editorial consultant is expected to work from home.
Successful applicant(s) will be expected to start on 1st November 2018 and end on 16th November 2018
Applicants must possess:
- A University degree (Bachelor’s) in communication, public affairs, social sciences, international relations or other related discipline
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a specialized capacity in communication, external relations, public affairs or international development cooperation. Preference will be given to applicants who have had previous experience working with the UN or similar organization, government or NGO.
- Ability to gather information, conduct research and produce results
- Ability to write, speak and handle formal public speaking responsibilities.
Your application must contain the following details:
- Please indicate your technical skills and expertise
- Level of availability
- Fixed daily/monthly rate (in US$) to handle the aforementioned responsibilities. (mandatory) Don’t forget to include travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable).
How To Apply:
- Fill the application form on the UNICEF.org website
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline for Application: Wed Oct 24 2018 04:55:00 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time)
Picture Credit: Thomas Young on Unsplash