Milk Candy Review is a journal of flash fiction that publishes one story a week on Thursdays.
They also offer two-question interviews from participating writers the Monday after their story is published!
They cherish all the stories, and are so happy for every contributor when their beautiful work is recognized!
Milk Candy Review is curated by Cathy Ulrich, founding editor and sole staff member.
She loves flash fiction and Chinese milk candies. She loves other things too, but only those two seem relevant. Send your beautiful stories her way!
Eligibility for Milk Candy Review Submissions
- Anyone can make a submission
- There is no reading fee or application fee. Entry is free.
- There is no restriction of age.
- Please send in your thoroughly edited flash fiction pieces of up to 750 words.
- Milk Candy Review does not accept previously published pieces or poetry. They are happy about all the alliteration in that last sentence,
- Submissions may be sent to [email protected]. Please attach submissions as a Word doc. or docx. file or paste into the body of the e-mail.
Please do not send PDF files or Google docs.
- Feel free to include a short bio in the body of your e-mail. Submit only one story at a time.
- You should receive a response within a week. If you do not, please query.
- If your story is accepted, please do not ask them to wait until you hear back from another journal. If you ask that of them, the editors will rescind your acceptance.
- If your submission is declined, please wait three months before resubmitting.
- Do not resubmit a previously declined piece unless you are requested to do so.
- They ask for first-time publication rights. All other rights belong to the contributor.