Angel Nduka-Nwosu is curating and seeking submissions for an anthology of poems by young Nigerian female poets who are between the ages of 16 and 26. The anthology will be published online as a downloadable ebook.
- Young Nigerian female poets or poets who are of Nigerian descent who are between the ages of 16 and 26.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit a packet of between two and four poems of not more than ten pages.
- Submitted poems could be on any theme.
- Submissions must be in English. However, submitted poems may include some Nigerian words.
- Translations are welcome, but must be accompanied by their originals.
- The document should be in Times New Romans, 12 pt., single spaced, doc. or docx. file. No PDFs.
- The subject line of your email should be “Young Nigerian Female Poets Anthology Submission”.
- In the body of your email, include a brief bio. Mention that you are Nigerian in the bio.
- There should be no identifying information in your submission.
- The deadline for submissions is October 1, 2020.
- Submit to [email protected].
About the Curator
Angel Nduka-Nwosu is a bisexual Nigerian poet, writer and journalist. Her work has appeared in Ake Review, HOLAAfrica, The Random Thoughts, Gumbo Media and An Injustice Mag. She is the cofounder and editor of As Equals Africa, an independent feminist media publication. Asides being a writer, she also occasionally takes to the streets protesting violence against women like she did during the #SayHerNameNigeria and #ChurchToo protests. Currently, she lives in Lagos and is extremely happy she just finished her English degree. You can find her discussing being Igbo, the moon and teletubbies on her twitter @asangelwassayin.