The Nine Dots Prize is open to writers who have innovative ideas. It awards creative thinking that tackles contemporary societal issues.
Entrants are asked to respond to a question in 3,000 words. The Prize aims to promote, encourage, and engage innovative thinking to address problems facing the modern world. As the name of the prize suggests, the judges are looking for writers who are accustomed to thinking outside the box.
The prize is sponsored by Cambridge University Press and The Kadas Foundation. The winner will be awarded a cash prize of $100,000 and a mouth-watering publication deal. If you think creatively and write eloquently, please send them your work. You just might win this award.
The deadline for submissions is 11.59am GMT (midday) on 23 January 2023.
Eligibility for The Nine Dots Prize 2022/2023
- Writers from anywhere in the world.
- Writers can be from any discipline
- Writers must be 18 years and above
- There is no entry fee
- Only one submission per writer (whether alone or with others).
The theme for the The Nine Dots Prize 2022/2023 is the rule of law. Entries are expected to answer this question:
Why has the rule of law become so fragile?
Submission Guidelines for The Nine Dots Prize
- Only Word documents (.doc, .docx) or document in open document format will be accepted.
- Submissions must be split into the three following documents: 1) Summary response to the set question, which must be no more than 3,000 words in length. Winners will be mandated to expand this summary/abstract book of between 25,000 and 40,000 words. n outline 2) The structure of the proposed book, including provisional chapter headings. Word count: no more than 1,000 words. 3) A statement justifying your ability ti complete the proposed book within the stipulated period.
- Submissions should be made via the Nine Dots Prize 22/23 submissions page.
Prizes Awarded To Winners of the Nine Dots Prize 2022/2023:
- $100,000 for the winning entry (payable in three stages: on the announcement of the winner, on delivery of the manuscript to CUP, and publication of the book.)
- Book publication: The book will be published by CUP and made available open access online, and also published in a range of print and digital commercial formats, by CUP. Cambridge University Press will also provide support and editorial assistance to the Prize winner.
If you have great ideas, don’t hesitate to apply. To increase your chances of winning, read the entries of past winners on the Nine Dots Prize Home Page.
Forward all inquiries to [email protected].