Awakened Voices has an open call for submissions for publication on their website.
The mission of Awakenings and Awakened Voices is to make visible the artistic expression of survivors of sexual violence. Show through fiction, creative nonfiction, comics, visual art, or poetry the conversation we need to engage with around sexual violence.
By showcasing stories of survival, we are helping survivors find peace and healing while simultaneously challenging the cultural taboos that prevent an honest discussion of sexual violence
Eligibility for Awakened Voices Submission
- Writers from anywhere in the world
- Writers can be of any age
- There is no entry fee
- There is no theme for this Submission but entries should revolve around sexual violence and survival
- Submissions from survivors, secondary survivors, counselors, and educators of sexual violence are prioritized
January 31, 2021
Guidelines for Awakened Voices Submission
- You can submit up to
- 7 pages of prose, double spaced
- 3 poems
- 3 visual art pieces
- Submission must be in a .doc, .docx, .jpeg or PDF file.
- Writing/art must be on the topic of sexual violence and survival.
- Profanity is not prohibited.
- Include a short author biography.
- If you have any requests regarding formatting or layout please include them in the comments field.
- Submission can be unpublished or previously published. Please note if the piece has already been published
- Submission should be via submittable
- Response to your piece might be in 5-6 months.
Issue 12 will publish in June 2021.
We publish electronically with free .pdf copies of the issue available to all.
Prize for Awakened Voices Submission
- $12 per accepted piece