The podcast creator program by Google and PRX is one of the few organizations that aim at helping podcasters achieve their dreams.
Podcast, previously known as audio blogging, began to gain popular interest in 2004. And ever since then, voices have risen to podcast around the world.
There are so many voices that have been unheard around the world till date, and still they seek a way to be heard.
Well, there is good news, and it favors podcasters.
The Google Podcast creator program has been announced to kick off for 2020! The program aims at providing resources for podcasters whose voices have been unheard.
Who is Eligible for the Google Podcast creator program
- The program for this year, welcomes podcasters from around the world.
- Applicants must have produced at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019.
- Entries are open to whoever wants to improve their skills and be heard.
- Participants are allowed to be part of a 12-week virtual training, hosted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator program alumni.
Benefits of being a part of this great opportunity!
- Constant review on all aspects of their production – editorial and technical input, inclusive.
- They would be trained on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and connecting with an audience via specific strategies.
- Tools would be given to help personal production needs, in spite of the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic
- They would be given $12,000 in funding for production use.
How To Apply
The Cohorts below show different timelines that the program will be taken.
The application will enlighten you on which cohorts you may not be able to attend.
September 21, 2020 – December 4, 2020
January 25, 2021 – April 16, 2021
May 3, 2021 – July 23, 2021
If you are a creative and you seek opportunities that will take you places, Click HERE.