The yearly contest, Nigerian prize for teen authors has announced the commencement of its 2021 contest. The prize is sponsored by Alh. Bala Abdullahi Kwatu and administered by the Hill-Top Creative Arts Foundation, Minna, Niger State, Nigeria.
The prizes will be for Poetry and fiction (Novella or collection of short stories) and is open to only Nigerian teen authors who are still in secondary school, irrespective of their place of residence.
The deadline is 30th of November, 2020
The winners from each category would be awarded 300,000 thousand Naira each.
How To Submit for The Nigerian prize for teen authors
- Submission should be sent in with proof of identity.
- That is, Nigerian citizenship (photocopy of Nigerian passport or National identity card), birth certificate, letter of recommendation by school and parents and last term’s report sheet.
- Published and unpublished books can be submitted.
- Entries can be Novellas or a collection of short stories.
- There is no word count limitation given.
- Failure to meet the stated conditions (even by one item) will lead to the disqualification of the entry.
Who Is Eligible
- The Nigeria Prize for Teen Authors is for student-writers who are in secondary schools at the moment of entry.
- Books published before 2020 will not be accepted.
- Complete contact information, including full contact address, emails, phone numbers of school and parent and other relevant contact information plus passport photograph in school uniform should accompany each submission.
- A student-writer will enter only one published work.
- An entry must not have been submitted for another literary prize elsewhere.
- An entry (whether published or not) must never be repeated in the subsequent years of this prize.
- Plagiarism would not be supported, make sure to submit your original work.
- Click Here to submit
Salim Yakubu Akko
Jan 13, 2021 at 8:57 pm
Julianna Oluwabukola Coker
May 1, 2021 at 8:04 am
A great idea, just so into it.
I really love writing cause it’s my biggest dreams and I’m ready to showcase my talent and knowledge.