Feminist Press is calling for manuscript submissions focusing on themes that ignite movements and social transformation.
Feminist Press is a small independent nonprofit publishing company founded in Baltimore, USA, in 1970, with a focus is to publish insurgent and marginalized voices from around the world, with a focus on contemporary and cutting-edge subjects that spark much-needed dialogue and move the feminist conversation forward. They began as a crucial publishing component of second-wave feminism, reprinting feminist classics and presently publishing feminist literature from around the world. Feminist Press submissions are for manuscripts on contemporary feminist issues of equality and gender identity.
Feminist Press seeks political and cultural activist nonfiction that furthers our understanding of intersectional feminism. We gravitate toward voice- and vision-driven stories as well as genre-defying texts. Other topics of interest include feminist dystopia, environmental justice, and immigration stories.
Feminist Press now calls for manuscript submissions directly from writers in two reading periods throughout the year. The first reading period is from November 2, 2022, to January 15, 2023. If you are an eloquent writer, send them your work.
Eligibility Guidelines for Feminist Press Submissions
- Feminist Press is open to manuscripts by writers from all over the globe. They are particularly interested in the following types of manuscripts:
- International literature
- Hybrid memoirs
- Intersectional activist nonfiction, either single author or anthology.
They do not publish poetry collections, drama/plays, doctoral dissertations, or literary criticism. Check out their publications to view more accepted manuscripts.
- Writers can either submit their manuscripts directly to Feminist Press or go through an agent. However, manuscript submission is through the Feminist Press submittable page.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed.
Feminist Press Manuscript Submission Guidelines
- Submit a PDF comprising of:
- A synopsis of your work.
- A compelling book proposal.
- A short author bio, including anything you’ve published before and where we might find you on social media
- A brief marketing plan outlining how you envision getting your work out in the world
- At least three sample chapters (or 50 pages) of your work
- Submissions must be made through their submittable portal.
Submission Deadline for Feminist Press Manuscript Award.
Manuscript Submissions must be made before January 15, 2023.
Forward all inquiries to: [email protected]
Good luck to you.