Creative Writing News is currently accepting craft essay pitches about creative writing. Do you have insightful ideas on creative writing? Then pitch them to us.
Creative Writing News is a digital literary magazine for writers, readers and stakeholders in the writing industry. It is curated to provide up-to-date opportunities, verified literary news and writing advice for creative writers.
For this call for craft essays, Creative Writing News is particularly looking for :
- Creative Nonfiction on What Creative Writing is and How to Write a Creative Piece
- Research or Arguments on Genres and Subgenres of Creative Writing
- Personal Essays that relay or explore the intricacies of Creative Writing
While there is no specific theme, the editors are particularly interested in articles, essays or literary treatises that explore the WHAT, HOW and WHY of creative writing in a way that new and expert writers can learn from or relate to.We do not accept poetry, prose, or anything not related to creative writing craft essays.
Eligibility Guidelines for Submitting a Craft Essay Pitch to Creative Writing News
- Submission is open to writers worldwide
- Experienced and emerging writers are welcome to send pitches
- Simultaneous pitches are allowed. But please inform us immediately if your pitch is accepted elsewhere.
- Do not send more than three pitches per month
- Craft Essay pitch should be no more than 300 words. If accepted, you’ll work with the editors to make it into a 1500-2000 word essay.
- Pitches should be a summary and outline of your idea as an MS Word attachment, including the structure of your writing and especially the question your piece will be answering.
- Additionally, include the external links and references you’ll be adding.
- The Subject should be ‘CRAFT ESSAY PITCH; TITLE OF PROPOSED CRAFT ESSAY; AUTHOR’S NAME.’
- Tell us how you think your work will resonate with Creative Writing News readers in the body.
- Pitches should be sent to [email protected] and cc [email protected]
How Much Are Contributors Paid After Their Craft Essay Has Been Published On Creative Writing News
Selected essays will be published on the blog and shared on social media.
However, at the end of the year the best two published essays will be given a cash award of $100 and a digital award certificate.