Singapore Unbound’s SP Blog is holding its 6th annual poetry contest. They would be awarding 170$ to the first three winning entries. Application is free and the deadline for submission is July 15, 2020. They are looking for poems that include the word “Singapore” in a creative manner. The poems do not have to be about Singapore; as a matter of fact, they prefer it if the poems are not about Singapore. They just have to use the word “Singapore” in a way significant to the poems’ own subject and method.
Who is Eligible for the 6th Singapore Poetry Contest
- The contest is only open to poets who are Neither citizens nor permanent residentsin Singapore.
- Contest entry is free.
- There are no age restrictions set.
Guidelines to submit
- Submit a maximum of three poems. Only unpublished poems will be considered. Posting on weblog, Facebook, and other social media does not constitute publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, provided you inform SP Blog if your poem is accepted elsewhere.
- All submissions should be sent to [email protected]
- The poem(s) must be pasted into the body of the email, together with a cover letter which should include your name, mailing address,and background information.
- The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2020.
- Results will be announced in August and the winning poems published in the run-up to Singapore’s National Day on August 9.
- Winners will be nominated for the Hawker Prize, organized by Sing Lit Station, with a top prize of SGD1,500.
- Awards of USD100, 50, and 20 will go to the top three winners.
- The winning poems will be published on SP Blog; non-winning poems will be considered for publication as well.
- The judge is the editor of SP Blog, Jee Leong Koh.
- Judging will be based solely on poetic merit. The blog reserves the right not to make any or all awards, should the quality of entries not merit them.