If you enjoy writing romance and sexuality-themed stories, then you should consider submitting to this 2019 Valentine’s Day anthology. Vanguard Literary Services (VLS) is currently accepting short story submissions for its anhology. The editors plan to make it available online, They are also working towards publishing a print version which would be sold and promoted. If they get sponsors for the print version, contributors will also be awarded royalties.
This edition will be edited by the writer, Nonso Anyanwu.
They want stories that show a romantic Africa, especially an Africa full of healthy people living in a secure and unpolluted environment. They are interested in publishing stories by emerging writers who have amazing stories to tell.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- There are no geographical restrictions so writers from all over the world can apply.
- There is no entry fee.
- Send only previously unpublished short stories.
- Entries must be within 3000 – 4000 words
- Manuscript must be properly formatted as follows. (Calibri or Tines New Roman font , with 1.5 or double spacing_. Finally, ensure that the text is left justified.
How To Apply
- Send your submission as an attachment to vanguardliteraryservices@
- In the body of the email, include a brief bio of 200-words or less
- Your email subject title should be in this order: author’s name and story title
- Deadline for submission: 5th February, 2019.
- The title of the story and author’s name must precede the story..
Title of Story: Eat, Pray, Love
Name of Author: Liz Gilbert
Once upon a time…
Forward all enquiries to vanguardliteraryservices@
You can find inspirational love stories in some of the resource podcasts we’ve listed. I particularly recommend The Modern Love podcast. Read the essays on their site too.