The Stinging Fly Magazine Is Currently Accepting Stories
If you are a new writer looking to promote your writings on an international level, then, The Stinging Fly Magazine is looking to be of help!
Eligibility To Write For The Stinging Fly Magazine
- Work may only be submitted through their submittable during their reading period which is from 15th to 30th of November 2022.
- There is no submission fee.
- The contest is open to all. There are no restrictions on nationality.
Guidelines On How To Submit
- Works submitted must be an original work (In other words, it has to have not been previously published and not under consideration elsewhere).
- They have no length guidelines for fiction but they have guidelines for their other submissions.
- Send in only part of a novel, do NOT send the entire novel.
- Make your work as long or as short as they need to be.
- Currently, they are accepting submissions in four categories; short fiction, novel extracts, non-fiction and poetry. Please note that you are only allowed to submit for one of these categories per submission period.
- If you decide to write a poem, you should note that, the magazine is willing to publish a number of poems for any artist that is working towards a first collection.
- Cover artwork images are also accepted.
- Although this doesn’t really need to be said but avoid cliché story lines. This cannot be repeated enough. Try to come up with new ideas for a story.
- All submissions are read but reach out to them if you don’t get any feedback 4 months after the closing date.
How Does Stinging Fly Magazine Pay?
- For fiction and non-fiction, they pay €40 per page but they pay a maximum of €1200.
- While for shorter works like flash fiction which are about a page or 2, they pay €150.
- Featured poets and cover artwork image are paid as high as €400