Initiated in 2012, the Kenyon Review Fellowship was actually inspired by the need to recognize, publish and support extraordinary authors in the early stages of their careers.
It is believed that after the two-year-duration of the Kenyon Review Fellowship, fellows will be more mature and sophisticated writers. The fellowship will prepare them for extremely attractive academic positions as well as significant publishing opportunities. To put it simply, it’s a great opportunity for any one who is interested in getting the best creative writing jobs in the market.
Who is Eligible for the Kenyon Review Scholarship 2021?
- Anyone from anywhere in the world
- Applicants must possess an MFA or PhD in creative writing, English literature, or comparative literature. This should have been completed before December 1, 2020 but no earlier than January 1, 2015.
- Teaching experience in creative writing and/or literature at the undergraduate level.
- There is no application fee.
Application Guidelines for the Kenyon Review Fellowship 2021
Application for the Kenyon Review application should include;
- A one page cover letter.
- A curriculum vitae
- An unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, one which should directly address the applicant’s teaching ability.
Awards and Benefits:
Accepted candidates will;
- Undertake a significant writing project
- Teach one class per semester in the English department of Kenyon College, contingent upon departmental needs.
- Assist with creative and editorial projects for the Kenyon Review and KROnline.
- Participate in the cultural life of Kenyon College by regularly attending readings, lectures, presentations, and other college activities.
Timeline for the Kenyon Review Fellowship
- November 1 – December 1, 2020: Application period.
- January, 2021; Applicants notified about first round decision; online interviews with semi finalists.
- February, 2021; in-person or virtual Kenyon College campus visits for finalists (depending on spring semester Covid restriction)
- March, 2021; Final decisions
- August, 2021; Fellowship begins
For Questions or more information on Kenyon Review Fellowship 2021, contact;
Associate Director of Programs and Fellowships
The Kenyon Review