The Best New True Crime stories is accepting submissions for it’s partners in crime anthology. Submission to this anthology must be original true crime stories.
Who can submit for the Best New Crime stories anthology?
- Writers from anywhere around the world.
- No submission fee
- Writers of any age can submit.
Deadline for the Best New Crime story anthology
February 15, 2021
What is required for the Best New Crime story anthology?
- 4,000 – 7,000 words non fiction.
- True crime account featuring law breaking couples who have joined forces to commit a crime.
- Stories can take place anywhere in the world and be from any time period.
- First person accounts are especially welcome from writers with a connection to their cases.
- To understand the quality and variety of acceptable materials, please refer to the previous books in the Best New True Crime Stories series.
- Criminal subjects already covered in these volumes cannot be accepted. Original materials only; No reprint, no fiction.
Important Information about the Best New True Crime stories
Before submitting stories, writers should contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief pitch for their story idea. According to the editor,
I select material on an ongoing basis; those who submit work in advance of the deadline usually have better chance of acceptance.
Submission Format for the best new true crime anthology
Document should be;
- Double spaced
- 12-point font size
- Arial font
- Submission should be sent as an attachment.
- Paragraphs should not be indented but have one space between them. No irregular spacing between words or sentences.
- No footnotes or endnotes.
- No photos /graphics
- A bibliography is optional but if you choose to include one, it should be in Chicago manual of style.
- American spelling and punctuation should be observed, i.e, double quote marks, etc.
- Include your legal name, postal address and an Author’s bio of up to 100 words written in the third person.
- Simultaneous submissions are not accepted.
- Stories should be submitted via email email@example.com with “True Crime Submission” in the subject line.
- The Best New Crime Stories: Partners in Crime will be published in Winter 2022 by mango Publishing Group, USA.
About The Editor
Mitzi Szereto (mitziszereto.com) is an author and anthology editor of fiction and non-fiction books encompassing multiple genres. Her many popular titles include The Best New True Crime Stories: Well-Mannered Crooks, Rogues & Criminals (June 2021); The Best New True Crime Stories: Small Towns; The Best New True Crime Stories: Serial Killers; Florida Gothic; Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Lusts; and Getting Even: Revenge Stories. Mitzi has the distinction of editing the first anthology of erotica to include a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. She’s appeared internationally on radio and television and at major literature festivals, and has taught creative writing around the world, including several universities in the United Kingdom. She created and presented the London-based web TV channel Mitzi TV, and also plays herself in the pseudo-documentary British film Lint: The Movie. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @mitziszereto.