Do you write about food? Are you looking for a magazine that will pay you well to write?
The editors of EatingWell is seeking pitches and giving writers the opportunity to get paid for their writing. If interested, send your pitch to Associate Nutrition Editor, Julia Westbrook: [email protected] or to Food Editor, Jim Romanoff: [email protected]
A national food magazine that focuses solely on eating healthfully, EatingWell is published 10 times a year and, as of the January/February 2019 issue of the magazine, has a circulation of 1,775,000.
The magazine currently seeks ideas/pitches from new writers, and they pay $1 per word. But, before you proceed, read our tips on how to write eloquently. Read the articles that have already been published on the EatingWell magazine.
Who is Eligible to Pitch to EatingNow?
- Anyone from anywhere in the world with good experience in food writing.
How to Apply to EatingNow:
- Familiarize yourself with the magazine (EatingWell) and its departments.
- Send ideas for specific sections in the magazine.
- Read past columns and develop your pitch following the format of those columns.
- Explain why the idea/topic you are pitching should be covered in a specific issue of the magazine.
- Note that your pitch must be about food (its origins, social issues related to its networks, its culture and traditions).
- Send your pitch to Associate Nutrition Editor, Julia Westbrook: [email protected] or to Food Editor, Jim Romanoff: [email protected]
- $1 per word.
Looking for writing jobs online? Bonappetit.com is currently accepting pitches from food writers.
Here are some creative writing jobs and courses that can help you land more online jobs.