The Briefly Write Poetry Prize is open to poetry writers from all over the world.
The Briefly Write Poetry Prize celebrates and rewards bold, succinct writing. They want well-crafted poems up to 10 lines. They want innovative language, strong imagery and a subtle, focused composition. Send them your best brief writing.
Submission Guidelines for Briefly Write Poetry Prize 2023
- Free to enter.
- One entry per person.
- Everyone is welcome to enter, whoever you are and wherever you are in the world.
- Poems must be original, edited properly and never previously published (including self-published) online or in print.
- Please do not submit work that is under consideration elsewhere. Once submitted, your entry cannot be withdrawn.
- Your poem must be 10 lines or fewer. Your title is not included in this line limit.
- Only entries made via the online form will be considered.
- Entries will be judged anonymously. Judges’ decision is final.
- Prize and commended poems will be published online. Each winning author will have the chance to be featured on the website.
- Results will be published online by the end of September. If, for any reason, this needs to be changed, They will provide an update on the Briefly Write Website. They will contact all respondents by email before publishing the results online.
- By entering the Briefly Write Poetry Prize, you are granting them first electronic rights only. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- If anything isn’t clear, send any queries to c[email protected]. Please do not email your entry.
There is a prize fund of £70, which will be split as follows: 1st – £40 / 2nd – £20 / 3rd – £10.
Entries open 14 May 2023. The closing date is 30 June 2023 @ 23:59 BST. If in doubt about time zones, don’t leave it until the last day!
If interested, learn how to write a good poetry for submission. Goodluck.