Aniko Press is now accepting submissions for the first round of their 2023 Winter Flash Fiction Competition.
The press is a small independent publishing company based in Sydney, Australia. Their aim is to bring passionate writers and curious readers together.
Are you a passionate writer? This is an opportunity for you to meet curious readers through your work.
Submission Guidelines For Aniko Press
- The major theme of your writing should be “surreal.”
- The word limit should be 100 words (not including title).
- First prize is a publication on their website and social media, a copy of Y/N by Esther Yi plus a copy of the latest issue of Aniko Magazine.
- The runner up will receive publication on their website and social media, plus a copy of the latest issue of Aniko Magazine.
- Email your entry and a short bio to [email protected] with the subject line “July Flash Fiction Comp.”
- Entries are limited to two per person. Feel free to interpret the theme however you like – be daring, be imaginative, and have fun!
- Results will be announced on 31 July 2023.
- For some tips and inspiration check out Reflex Fiction’s great guide on How To Write Flash Fiction or click here to read some captivating short stories.
Guest Book Reviews
- They will be accepting one to two guest book reviews per month that fit with the tone and style of Aniko Press. Check out their current book reviews for inspiration.
- They mainly focus on literary and contemporary fiction, short story collections, poetry, interesting/experimental nonfiction and exciting graphic novels. They include both Australian and international authors.
- They will also prioritise recent releases, but will also consider fresh takes on ‘forgotten’ classics or contemporary books you loved that did not get enough time in the spotlight.
- Book reviews should be between 600-900 words, and contain a mix of literary criticism and personal opinion.
- Unfortunately, they do not accept pitches. Please submit completed reviews as a Word document along with a bio and links to any published work at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Guest book review submission.”
- Email your submissions to: [email protected]. Please include a short bio and a few lines on what inspired your piece in the email.
The author of each published piece (except book reviews) will receive $125.00 (AUD).
Each published book review is paid $50.00 (AUD).
Entries are open from 1-22 July.