Do you yearn to work as a writer or editor of a print and digital magazine? Do you often dream of designing your own magazine or blog? Are you interested in learning the basics of launching successful websites? Then you should register for the upcoming course titled, SBMEN Practical Editing Workshop for Magazines and Digital Platforms.
What will participants gain from attending this course?
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
- create their own unique magazine concept
- learn the entire process of planning, creating, writing, and developing editorial content for print or online platforms.
- learn how to design an editorial mission
- learn how to use digital tools to advance your craft
- explore the fundamental of writing content for blogs, websites, and interviews
- Participants will be given a foolproof guide for generating unique content ideas, and developing editorial tools to meet required standards.
Bonus: Participants will get a chance to expand their networks. If you want to connect with the world’s leading editors and publishers, simply register for this course.
Bloggers, journalists, content developers, vloggers, and everyone involved in digital publishing/marketing are strongly encouraged to apply.
This course is being organized by the board members of the Society of Book and Magazine Editors of Nigeria (SBMEN). Editing for Magazines and Digital Platforms is its second editing workshop for the year. The first workshop was a resounding success. This forthcoming workshop promises to be a lot better than the first.
Editing for Magazines and Digital Platforms is slated to hold from 26 to 27 June 2019.
This course will be taught by the following facilitators:
- Adesuwa Onyenokwe, founder/editor-in-chief, Today’s Woman magazine;
- Kola Tubosun, writer and founder of award-winning blog, “Ktravula”;
- Chiagozie Fred Nwonwu, founder/editor of Omenana e-magazine, which has published award winning stories;
- Enimien Etomi, a marketing specialist and art photographer.
How To Enroll For This Highly Selective Course:
- Send an email to: email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can send a WhatsApp message to 08120055823
Want to check out this organization? Visit www.sbmen.org.ng
This program is being supported by the British Council Nigeria and Quramo Publishing Limited.
The Society for Book and Magazine Editors of Nigeria (SBMEN) is a new educational and professional association that represents and supports aspiring and existing editorial professionals to develop editorial skills that meet global best practices. It is also extended to other professionals who work within publications, broadcasting, digital media, legal services, communications, public relations and academia. The organisation provides training and resources for professionals to increase their proficiency in editing.