Afritondo is calling for submissions for the second edition of the Afritondo Short Story Prize.
The prize is for an unpublished work of fiction between 3000 and 5000 words. The theme for this year’s contest is Identity. Afritondo Ian looking for literary works with great and unique exhibition of the theme given.
Deadline for submission: Wednesday, December 9, 2020.
Who is Eligible for the Afritondo Short Story Prize
- You must be citizen or national of an African country; or
- One of your parents is a national of an African country; or
- You must be of black ethnicity or belong to a black minority population anywhere in the world.
For any questions on eligibility, please email Munachim Amah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Submissions must reflect the theme.
- Only one submission per writer is allowed.
- The submission, including the title, must be between 3000 and 5000 words.
- The submission should be in Microsoft Word (doc, docx) and in the following format:
- Double-spaced, Times New Roman or Calibri font, 12-point size.
- The title of the story should appear at the top of the first page followed by the word count. No further information is required.
- Every page must be numbered.
- The author’s name or detail must not be included anywhere on the document to be uploaded. The document must contain only the title, word count, and story. All entries are judged anonymously.
- Submission is accepted only via email. Entries should be sent to email@example.com.
- The subject of the email should read: Submission for Afritondo Short Story Prize 2021.
- The filename of the entry (i.e. the attached document) must be the title of the short story. In the body of the email tell us, briefly, about yourself, including such information as your legal name, country of residence, age, and contact details.
- Entries must not have been previously published or shortlisted for another prize. Also, entries published or shortlisted during the judging or publishing process will be disqualified
- Entrants agree as a condition of entry that the prize organizers may publicize the fact that a story has been entered, long listed, or shortlisted for the prize.
- By submitting an entry, the author agrees to its inclusion in an anthology should it be selected by the judges, and to work with editors to get the story ready for publication.
- By submitting an entry, the author attests that it is their original work and grants exclusive global print and digital rights to Afritondo Press should the entry be longlisted or selected for publication in the anthology. The copyright remains with the author.
- The decisions of the judges in relation to the winning entries are final and not subject to appeal.
- Long listed and shortlisted writers will be expected to submit their pictures and other information necessary for publicizing the prize on social and other media.
- The winner will be expected to take part in publicity activities including social media where possible.
- The Winner receives $1000 and four shortlisted entries receive $100 each.
Click Here to see More Amazing Opportunities.