The central goal of the Paul A. Volcker Careers in Government Essay Contest is to help students understand better, what motivates them to opt for a career in government.
The aim is to empower and enlighten the new generation through an essay that would portray their thoughts.
They also aim to raise student awareness about the opportunities that come with a career in public service, including mission, impact, job security, and pathways for career advancement.
Questions for the Paul A. Volcker Careers in Government Essay Contest
Contest entrants must answer the following two essay questions (the response to each question may not exceed 500 words):
- How do you define effective government? How have the historic events of 2020, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, international protests against racism, or the upcoming election, shaped your views of what effective government means?
2. Please describe your public service career aspirations. How would a career in public service allow you to have a meaningful impact on the issues that mean the most to you?
Organizers of the Paul A. Volcker Careers in Government Essay Contest will be looking for entries that are well organized, thoughtfully composed, and that present a compelling narrative about the values that drive your career aspirations.
They want to understand how students are thinking about their potential contribution following graduation. They want to hear about students’ vision of the public sector leaders they hope to become.
Prizes for The the Paul A. Volcker Careers in Government Essay Contest 2021.
In January 2021, two winners and three finalists will be selected.
Two winners will each receive $5,000, along with one-on-one career coaching and support from CUNY and the Volcker Alliance including:
- Support identifying and applying to government internship or job opportunities
- Resume review
- Interview practice and preparation
- Networking assistance
- Three finalists will each receive $1,000.
All entries must be received no later than Sunday, October 25, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.—no exceptions.
To enter the Paul A. Volcker Careers in Government Essay Contest, click HERE
To see more amazing opportunities, CLICK Here.
Oct 7, 2020 at 9:15 am
This team is doing great. Thank you for all the updates.
Oct 10, 2020 at 6:56 pm
Thank you Akunna. We appreciate your kind words of encouragement. Please don’t keep the updates to yourself. Share with your writer-friends.
Pingback: TriQuaterly Call for submission/ How To Apply (Prize: Honoria + Publication) - Creative Writing News