Abandon Journal Magazine is seeking submissions of prose, poetry, graphic novels, artworks and essays from all around the globe.
Abandon Journal exists to showcase writing and artwork that has been created with abandon. That term is free to be interpreted liberally, but ideally, it is the kind of work that takes risks, created in a space wherein the artist doesn’t care what anyone else thinks or what everyone else is doing. For Abandon Journal Submissions, they are open to hybrid work, genre, visual art, and more. Each issue, they showcase work that “abandons form,” and every other issue will be a variation on a theme of abandon.
Guidelines for Abandon Journal Submissions
- Abandon Journal accepts previously unpublished work only.
- The theme for this issue is Abandon Earth
- Submission should be made through the Abandon Journal Submittable
- Please use the following word counts to select a category to submit:
- Flash (fiction or nonfiction): max 1,000 words each (1-3 pieces per submission)
- Short story: max 7,500 words
- Creative nonfiction: max 6,000 words
- Graphic novels, cartoons, comics: they want to see them
- Poetry: any length or form (please send no more than five poems)
- Abandon Form: hybrid, experimental, and/or idiosyncratic work that doesn’t fit into conventional genres, categories, or forms
- Artwork: They are particularly looking for genres that were created in a digital format (video, sound, animation, photography, design, etc.) but they will consider all visual art media (max five works at a time)
- Craft essays and writing about art: although they are not looking for academic work or reviews, they would like to see creative nonfiction or personal essay/memoir about writing, art, and art-making. Learn about the intricacies of eloquent writing to improve your skills.
- Book reviews and interviews: please pitch them first before submitting
- Send no more than one piece at a time per category, except where noted.
- In addition, please only submit once per submission window.
Accepted entries will receive $15 per piece or series.
Submissions close on the 30th of September, 2023.