The sunlight press calls for Submission of literary works in 2023.
The Sunlight Press is a digital literary journal that provides a home to new and established voices.
With the arrival of spring, the sunlight press is commencing its writing contest for creative nonfiction, poetry, prose and photography and arts on craft series. It calls all creatives to be a part of its latest edition.
Submission Guidelines for the Sunlight Press 2023
The Sunlight Press considers submissions within the following categories:
- Personal Essays (Nonfiction): 750-1,000 words
- Fiction: Includes flash fiction (under 1,000 words) and short stories (under 2,000 words)
- Poetry: Up to three poems in one submission (all should be attached in one document)
- Reviews: Review of books (fiction & nonfiction), short story collections, and essay collections; 750-1,000 words.
- Artists on Craft Series: Interviews/Reflections by artists on their process of the art of choice (accompanying photos welcome); under 1,000 words
- Photography: Up to three photographs in one submission (please note: only unfiltered images)
- Email submissions to [email protected] with the subject line clearly indicating the genre — fiction, nonfiction, poetry, review, artist on craft, or photography. Submissions should be attached in a Word document (docx., doc.).
- Only one entry per writer and please write Essay Contest 2023 in the subject line of your email (essays not marked for “contest” will not be considered for the contest).
- The deadline for Poetry submissions will close in June, and to all submissions (including poetry) in July and August. They will reopen to all work on Monday, Sept. 4, 2023. Keep an eye out here for any updates. Thank you.
- Submissions should be made to one category at a time (in other words, do not submit written work in multiple categories at the same time. The only exception to this: You may submit a written piece and photography simultaneously). In written pieces, please use only one space after periods.
- Also, do not send new work for consideration until hearing back from them on the status of a current submission. And if a piece is not accepted, please wait three to six months before submitting new work. Writers whose work have been accepted would wait three months after its publication to submit new work.
- Make sure to edit all your work before sending it in for Submission.
The winning writer will receive a $500 cash prize as well as regular payment for their work. They will also choose two top finalists to receive $50 (regular payment + cash prize). Additional entries will be chosen for regular publication at The Sunlight Press.