The Razor is a literary magazine produced by Gotham Writers Workshop. They publish two pieces each month, one fiction and one nonfiction but for now, they do not publish poetry (though they do appreciate the poet’s artistry with words).
Each published piece will be presented with audio and original artwork.
Submission Guidelines For The Razor Magazine
- The Razor wants your best story in a 2,000-word box.
- According to their website, they want ” the story that could have been 3,000 words, but did not need to be.”
- They would like to be surprised with how deep your simplicity can be but this does not mean they do not like literary, or stories that take place in a character’s head. Be it minimal or maximal, send them a story where every moment counts. Where every word counts.
- There is no minimum word count but the maximum word count is 2,000.
- They will appreciate it if you do not stress about format but instead focus on the story.
- Multiple submissions are not allowed. Send one thing at a time. Only when a decision has been made should you feel free to submit again.
- They read submissions blind. Your identifying information is not visible to the editors unless you are accepted. You should not include any identifying information in the body of your work.
- They aim to respond within three months of the date of submission.
- Please note that they nominate for Pushcart and Best of the Net.
- You can make simultaneous, but please let them know if it’s accepted elsewhere.
- By submitting, you ensure that the work is:
new, original, and has not appeared elsewhere, is not plagiarized and does not infringe on someone else’s copyright or trademark
not libelous or defamatory
if nonfiction, true to the best of the author’s memory and ability to verify facts.
- Do not send any submissions via email because they will be deleted. All submissions go through their submission form which can be found on their website.
The Razor Magazine is yet to give a deadline.
They pay writers $100 for accepted work.
More questions, or to withdraw a piece? Email [email protected].