The Racket Journal considers submissions that contain work(s) of poetry and/or prose with a total combined word count of 2000 words or less. Also art.
Please send all submissions to email@example.com.
As soon as your submission is seen, a confirmation will be sent.
The Racket Journal staff will try their very hardest to let you know within two weeks if they are accepting your piece (or not).
The Racket staff is constantly looking for ways to expand the diversity of the journal, and its readership; if you are a BIPOC writer, a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, or both, we heartily encourage you to submit.
Submission Guidelines for The Racket Journal Call for Submissions
- They would like a short cover letter. It should include: the name you like to be published under, the titles of your pieces, an email we can reach you at and (if you’d like) a short bio.
- Please try and submit your work in 12-point, Times New Roman.
- Word documents are easiest to work with; Pages, .pdfs and text files work as well.
- If you are submitting art, please submit it as a .jpg.
- Only in very special circumstances do the staff at Racket Journal offer feedback on pieces they do not accept.
For those who are already planning on submitting – thank you. They are eager to read your work.
For those who’ve arrived at this page and are fretting about whether their work is good enough, wondering, “Should I submit?” – the answer is this: yes, please –submit your work. They would love to see it.
SUBMIT. YOUR. WORK.TO.