The 2020 Young Walter Scott Prize is open for entries and closes on 31st October, 2020. Entries cannot be received after this date. Entries will be judged in two categories;
- 11-15 years
- 16-19 years
Deadline for the Walter Scott Prize
October 31, 2020
Who is eligible for the Walter Scott Prize?
- Young UK writers
- Age range is between 11-19
- There is no entry fee.
What will be accepted for the Walter Scott Prize 2020?
- Stories with historical relevance and accuracy
- Originality and a good grasp of language, characterization and plot.
- Word count of between 800-2,000 words
Works can be in any form;
- Reportage etc.
- Stories must be set in the past; any time before you were born.
How to apply for The Walter Scott Prize 2020
- Entries must be submitted in hard copy by post and accompanied by an entry form.
- Entries by mail or any other digital firm will not be accepted
- Download the 2020 Entry Form, read the terms and conditions before filing out the form.
- Send it with your submission to the address at the bottom of the entry form
Awards for the Walter Scott Prize 2020
- Two category winners receive a €500 travel and research grant for further historic exploration in the UK
- A two-day trip to the Borders Book festival in Melrose, Scotland in June 2021(Covid-19 permitting)
The runners-up in each category receive;
- A €100 book token
- All winning stories will be published in a special YWSP anthology book.