The Adina Talve-Goodman Fellowship is an annual opportunity that honors the memory of author and former One Story Managing Editor Adina Talve-Goodman.
It offers a year-long mentorship on the craft of fiction writing with One Story magazine. Their aim is to provide a significant career boost to an early-career writer of fiction who has not yet published a book.
Eligibility for The Adina Talve-Goodman Fellowship
- To be eligible for this fellowship, entrants should be an early-career writer of fiction who has not published a book and is not currently enrolled in an advanced degree program in Creative Writing, English, or Literature, nor planning to attend one in the 2024 calendar year.
- They particularly welcome writers whose work addresses issues and experiences related to marginalized communities, encompassing race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, class, religion, illness, disability, trauma, migration, displacement, dispossession, or imprisonment.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old as of January 1st, 2024.
- Using their online submission system, you can submit a manuscript of 3,000 to 5,000 words.
- Also, include a personal statement, contact information for two references, and your résumé.
- There’s no entry fee.
- The deadline for submissions is October 11, 2023.
The recipient of the Adina Talve-Goodman Fellowship will receive the following:
– A $2,000 stipend
– Access to One Story’s online classes
– Admission to One Story’s Writing Circle
– Free admission to One Story’s week-long summer writers’ conference, featuring craft lectures, an intensive fiction workshop, and panels with literary agents and publishers
– A full manuscript review and consultation with One Story Executive Editor Hannah Tinti for a story collection or novel-in-progress of up to 150 pages or 35,000 words.
Don’t miss this opportunity! Applications for the 2024 Fellowship will open on September 6th, 2023, and close on October 11th, 2023. The winner will be publicly announced in January 2024. To get tips on how to write to win Award, Fellowships and Competitions, then read this carefully