Sundress Academy for the Arts is Now Accepting Residency Applications for Fall 2023.
Sundress Publications is entirely volunteer-run, publishes chapbooks and full-length works in both print and digital formats, and hosts a variety of online journals. Their mission is to champion great work—especially by persons under-represented in literary publishing—and they welcome writers and artists regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, religion, class, veteran status, and educational background.
The Sundress Academy for the Arts (SAFTA) is now accepting applications for short-term writing residencies in all genres—poetry, fiction, nonfiction, playwriting, screenwriting, journalism, academic writing, and more—for their fall residency period which runs from August 21st to December 31st, 2023. These residencies are intended to provide writers with the time and space they need to finish their creative ideas in a peaceful and effective environment.
Application Guidelines for Sundress Academy for the Arts Residency Program
To apply for the Sundress Academy for the Arts (SAFTA) residency, you will need the following:
- Application form, including brief project statement and contact information for two references Learn how to writer a proper project statement here.
- Writing sample.
- CV or artist’s resume (optional)
- Application fee of $15 or $10 for current students (with student email) payable online (NOTE: For writers of color and/or for those applying for financial aid, the application fee has been waived. All other application fees will go towards funding travel grants for Black and/or Indigenous identifying writers.)
- For Poetry: Writing sample of 8-12 pages
- For Fiction: Writing sample of 10-20 pages
- For Nonfiction: Writing sample of 10-20 pages
- For Playwrights/Screenwriters: Writing sample of 10-25 pages
- For Hybrid Work: Writing sample of 10-20 pages
- For Translators: Writing sample of 10-20 pages
- For Academic Work: Writing sample of 10-25 pages
The deadline for Fall residency applications is May 1, 2023.
Learn more about the SAFTA Residency Program by visiting their website. Good luck.