The SciFidea Award is hosting the Dyson Sphere Science Fiction Writing Contest. It is a sci-fi brand launched in Singapore. The Chief Editor Tang Feng and Senior Managing Editor Lynn Sun aim to encourage and develop science-fiction literature and help authors monetize their works. At present, SciFidea is committed to multiplying the medium of sci-fi works. In the future, SciFidea will have more exciting projects, developing new types of science-fiction media that showcase humanity’s technological potential.
The SciFidea Award calls for submissions for its 2024 Dyson Sphere Science Fiction Writing Contest. Cash Prizes and lots more to be won.
Submissions need to conform to the concepts and characteristics of Dyson Sphere scientific theory, including the uses, size, structure of a Dyson Sphere and other related basic settings, and reflect and expand them in the story. On this basis, they welcome the canons and content of various streams of technology that can be considered as topics which could be related to “Dyson Sphere.
Eligibility for SciFidea Dyson Sphere Science Fiction Writing Contest
- Science fiction writers from across the world
- Entry is free
- The submitted works should be within the realm of science fiction, and must show a new worldview that conforms with scientific logic.
- The work must involve both the technical setting of the Dyson Sphere (overall structure, the scale and the size, construction materials and methods, etc.) and the ecological environment of the internal civilization (gravity changes, alternation of day and night, species distribution, etc.).
- The writing should be smooth, the imagination and speculation should be creative and novel, and the plot should convey a sense of wonder.
- Total world count should be around 30,000-100,000 words. Only finished stories will be accepted
- All entries must be original and written in English.
- E-mail submissions only. Send entries as .docx attachments to: [email protected]
- Please include the following in the body of your email:
The title of the work
The author’s name, address, and telephone number
The exact word-count
- The manuscript should be a .docx attachment, in standard manuscript format, and should be titled and numbered on every page, but the author’s name MUST BE DELETED to facilitate fair judging.
- At the very beginning of your manuscript (not in the body of the email, and not in a separate file), please include a couple of sentences summarizing your plot
- August 31st is the deadline for Entries 11:59 p.m. UTC+8 (Singapore Time)
- On October 31st, announcement of Finalists would take place.
- As the submissions keep coming, the editing team will keep reviewing the entries till Oct. 31 st when the shortlisted works will be announced.
- Nov. 1 st 2023 – Dec. 31 st 2023, the Guest Jury’s Selection
- The Guest Jury of the contest will select 10 winning works from the shortlisted works.
- The results of this contest will be announced at the beginning of 2024.
- ＄20,000 goes to each award-winning work;
- All award-winning works will be recommended to be published and adapted to other art forms/media (such as animation or movie); some outstanding works will be translated into other languages and be showcased in foreign countries.