Mukana Press African Anthology is open to submissions for its forthcoming title.
Mukana Press was created out of a desire to give writers from underrepresented communities the platform to share their work. The press wants to champion authors from Africa, South America, The Middle East, and Asia. In a world where publishing hubs are predominantly in the west, minority writers the world over often lack access. Their mission is to increase representation and diversity among published authors.
Mukana Press actively seeks and pursue not only established but also fledgling writers. Even if you’re still working on honing your craft; if you have a unique story, the kind that casts a bright light on the diverse cultures and sub-cultures of this rich world, then they would be thrilled to work with you.
They have currently opened submission for their African anthology, which is to be released in 2023. Only African Authors are welcome to submit.
Eligibility Guidelines for the Mukana Press African Anthology 2023
Applicant must be of African descent.
Application is free
There is no restriction on age.
Submission Guidelines the Mukana Press African Anthology 2023.
- Send only short stories.
- They are particularly intrigued by OWN voice stories, coming of age stories, protagonists wrestling with identity and belonging, stories with international settings, stories about immigration and emigration plus they love strong feminist protagonists. However, writers are free to surprise the editors, if you think your work draws readers into untold perspectives and worlds, they would love to hear from you.
- Edit your manuscript before sending it in.
- Ensure that your story has a clear narrative arc.
- Deadline is 31st of December, 2022.
- Submissions would only be accepted via the submittable.
Prizes to be Awarded to Contributors.
- One-time payment of $500 would be given to each selected short story writer.
- Accepted stories will be published in an anthology.
Perhaps, you wish to apply to Mukana Press in the future, in which case it might interest you to note that:
- They also publish full length books (short story collections, memoirs, and novels).
- They do not publish self-help books, picture books, and previously self-published books. T
- They welcome both YA and Adult novels.
Do not delay in sending them your eloquently written stories.