ORest of World Magazine is a dynamic international nonprofit journalism organization. They are on a mission to explore “the impact of technology beyond the Western bubble.”
This article delves into the submission guidelines for journalists or freelance writers aspiring to contribute to Rest of World’s narrative magazine. If you are interested in contributing to them, please go through the following guidelines.
Submission Guidelines For Rest of World Magazine
- Rest of World invites compelling narrative pitches ranging from 1,000 to 5,000 words that intricately explore the interplay of digital technology with cultures globally.
- The call extends to profiles (approximately 1,500 words), mid-length features (less than 2,000 words), and longer features (3,000 words and above).
- It is essential to note that submissions should avoid settings in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, or Australia.
- Prospective contributors should familiarize themselves with Rest of World’s editorial focus, emphasizing the impact of technology on diverse cultures worldwide.
- The organization explicitly seeks nuanced and detailed stories that transcend Western perspectives.
- Writers collaborating with Rest of World can anticipate fair compensation, with rates starting at $1 per word.
- Aspiring authors retain the rights to their work, ensuring their intellectual property is acknowledged and respected.
- Rest of World values the contributions of its authors and compensates them competitively, beginning at the rate of $1 per word.
- This commitment reflects the organization’s dedication to supporting quality journalism that explores the global impact of technology.
In conclusion, Rest of World Magazine provides a unique platform for journalists to explore and share stories that go beyond traditional narratives. By adhering to these submission guidelines and, writers can contribute to a diverse portrayal of the impact of digital technology on cultures worldwide. With a commitment to author rights and competitive compensation, Rest of World aims to stand as a beacon for those passionate about exploring the intersection of technology and society.
For more information or to submit your pitch, visit Rest of World’s contact page.