Arising from the success of the last year’s edition, the Society of Young Nigerian Writers Anambra State Chapter, in collaboration with the Anambra State Library announces call for submission of quality essays and poems from both burgeoning and established writers across the world to mark it’s one-day 2017 literary event tagged “REMEMBERING ACHEBE at 86: A LITERARY COMMEMORATION”
This annual event which is its second edition is a literary event initiated to honour and celebrate the life and the works of the Literary Legend – Late Prof. Chinua Achebe; born on the 16th day of November 1930. This annual event is also being held to recognize his great achievements, legacies and inputs in the world of literature.
The great occasion is slated to take place on the 16th of November 2017 at the auditorium hall of the Prof. the Kenneth Dike Central E-Library Awka Anambra State, starting by 10.am. It is being organized by the Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Anambra State Chapter, in collaboration with the Anambra State Library Board Awka in the memory of the great literary Champion in whose name it is tagged.
In the cause of marking this event and with the aim of making it remarkable indeed, a call for submissions is opened, to both burgeoning and established writers to submit their well- constructed essays and poetry in the memory of the legend.
The essay or poetry MUST be written in the memory of Chinua Achebe and shall be presented at the event by the author (if present).
Guidelines for Submission:
- Essay or Poetry MUST be in the memory of Achebe and may focus on his life, works, personality, writing style or other areas.
- The essay or poetry Should be brief and concise. A maximum of 500 words for essays or reviews, and a maximum of 40 lines for poetry.
- Author’s information – contact address, phone number, E-mail address and a short bio of no more than 50 words. should be included in the submission.
- Submission is open to all.
- The writer may choose any interesting title of his choice.
- Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (written in the body of the mail; NOT as attachment)
- Submission must be made on or before 30th October 2017.
- Late Entry will not be accepted.
- Entries could be written in either English or Igbo Language and Must be original work of the author/poet.
All the accepted essays and poems would be published in the event magazine and in various literary blogs and websites, to the writer’s credit.
All Entrants shall receive Certificate of Participation
Aside from the publication and promotion of the submitted entries, authors/poets of the best ten essays and poetry would be given outstanding recognition and rewards at the event.
The Society of Young Nigerian Writers, Anambra State Chapter in collaboration with the Anambra State Library, Prof. Kenneth Dike E-library.
Submission Deadline is 30th October 2017.
For inquiries or support, e-mail: email@example.com
Call 08163938812, Izunna I. Okafor (the Coordinator Society of Young Nigerian Writers Anambra Chapter)
07062696058, Ojiego Austine Chidiebere (the P.R.O/Media Director Society of Young Nigerian Writers Anambra Chapter).