Pop UP PROJECTs would be celebrating its 10th anniversary in January 2021. It has been ten years since they began transforming the lives of children who are literarily-inclined.
To make this occasion memorable, they will commission and publish Ten Stories to Make a Difference: ten original short stories for young readers by ten writers and ten illustrators.
In order to make this venture unique, five well-known illustrators will illustrate stories by five emerging writers, and five emerging illustrators will illustrate stories by five well-known writers.
How To Submit for Pop UP PROJECTs 2021.
- The theme of this submission is: difference. Stories must explore or touch on the subject one way or another!
- Each story will be 10 pages long, have a minimum of 750, and a maximum of 3,000 words.
- It must be professionally edited and art inclined, beautifully designed and lovingly hand-printed in a special small print-run limited edition.
- They’ll be launched at Pop up projects’ 10th birthday party, and sold as part of their campaign to raise £1million to engage 100,000 more young readers, writers and illustrators over the next five years.
- Entries would be submitted via email.
- All emails should be sent to email@example.com
- The deadline is 30th July 2020.
Benefits of Applying
Pop Up will pick three winning entries to take forward, Each winning entrant will:
- Receive a £500 fee for their story
- Be matched with a published children’s illustrator, who will illustrate their story
- Get time with a publishing editor and art director to perfect their story
- Be published in a short print run, and receive 10 copies of their book
- Feature in a major promotional campaign as well as at Pop Up’s 10th birthday party