Nashville Review seeks to publish the best work they can get their hands on. They hope to provide a venue for both distinguished and emerging artists.
They consider submissions in Fiction, Poetry, Nonfiction, and Translation in August and February, and they typically respond within 4-5 months.
Also, they welcome submissions in Art and Comics year-round. Currently, they are not accepting unsolicited reviews or interviews.
Submission Guidelines For Nashville Review
- There is no fee to submit and they are proud to pay contributors: $25 per poem and $100 for prose and art pieces.
- Please do not include any personal or contact information on your manuscript. Prose pieces must be double-spaced and paginated. If your poems use white space in a nontraditional way, they recommend submitting in .pdf format. Please nclude a brief cover letter with the title(s) of your piece(s) and a short third-person bio.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished.
- They encourage simultaneous submissions: if your work is accepted elsewhere, just leave a note via Submittable as soon as possible so they know the piece has been taken.
- Please submit only once per genre, per reading period, and note that they cap the number of submissions to be considered at 750 per section to ensure a reasonable response time. If they reach their submission cap before the end of the month-long reading period, submissions will close early.
- Current and former (within 5 years) students and employees of Vanderbilt University are ineligible to submit.
- Please visit their online submissions manager (Submittable) to send your work. Submissions received via email will not be read.
- For questions, please contact the Editors: [email protected]
They consider short stories and novel excerpts up to 7,000 words, or three flash fiction pieces (1,000 words each) in one document.
They welcome submissions of 1-3 poems (10 pages total) in one document.
They are looking for creative nonfiction across the spectrum: memoir excerpts, essays, imaginative meditations. Send up to 8,000 words.
The Nashville Review is proud to include Translation as a new submission category from NR 24 onwards! In this category, they are looking for fresh contemporary writing that is currently unavailable to English-language readers—pieces that have been published in their original language, but are previously unpublished in English.
31st August, 2023.
$25 for Poetry.
$100 for Fiction, Nonfiction and Translation.